Planning for Summer 2014
For all of you that are already planning your camp outs for this summer at The Cove; park staff has been busy over the winter upgrading and improving the park for your visit. Here are just a few things you will notice:
- If you prefer the Deschutes Campground, you will notice that you can see a bit better. Juniper thinning has been going on over the winter to protect valuable natural resources and you in case of wildfire. Don’t worry, there is still plenty of shade available.
- For your furry campers, the dog off-leash areas in both the Deschutes and Crooked River Campgrounds have been repaired and have better fences and gates allowing easier access.
- Many of the old boat docks have been repaired or replaced.
- New cabin furniture replaced the older, more heavily used pieces.
- New way finder signs will point you in the right direction around the park.
- All new programs will be added to our traditional campfire programs, junior ranger programs and night programs. If you’ve joined us before, we welcome you back, if not, now is your chance to see what you’ve been missing!
Don’t forget, camping and cabin reservations can be made up to nine months in advance so reserve your spot today! Reservations can be made online at www.oregonstateparks.org or by calling Reservations Northwest at 1-800-452-5687.
Posted on March 10, 2014, in Oregon State Park Information and tagged camping, Central Oregon Summer of 2014, Deschutes Campground, Lake Billy Chinook, the cove palisades state park. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.